Reflections and Dreams
This time of year is always a time for reflection. Pondering what Christ did for you, looking back at what was accomplished this past year . . . and what wasn’t, reflecting on personal shortcomings and how to improve, and reflecting forward at the hope the new year brings. Over the past few weeks I have been doing just that.
One of the biggest things I have been pondering is the amazing work of God with Prayer Connect this past year. The verse that most seems to describe what happened is Isaiah 60:22: “In its time I will do this swiftly.” We at Harvest Prayer Ministries and the Church Prayer Leaders Network have been contemplating a new magazine since the day several years ago when we heard that Pray! would no longer be published. But we did not have the funds to launch it. We continued to pray . . . and casually plan to do it . . . someday.
But in February of this year it seemed like the “in its time I will do this swiftly” went into overdrive. A financial model came to us that would make the magazine feasible with only a few thousand subscribers. Our board positively embraced the idea. God led us quickly to our editor and designer. And the first issue was planned and in the works within six weeks. Partners quickly came on board and funds to help came in. It was a whirlwind five months from idea to finished product. That is how God often works.
I pondered also what is in the future for Prayer Connect. We are praying and trusting God for the following:
- 10,000 subscribers this next year.
- More than 1,000 visitors a day to our website, prayerconnect.net
- At least one new story each week in our news section at prayerconnect.net
- A 25-year-old or younger journalist hired as an assistant editor for Prayer Connect and the eventual editor of a 20-something digital version of the magazine.
As we enter a new year, I am rejuvenated and excited with ministry, realizing I am in the center of where God wants me. I am also anticipating some cool surprises from God this year.
For those who are excited to see Prayer Connect launch, you may be thinking, How can I help this magazine succeed? Here are a few suggestions:
- If you haven’t done so already, subscribe! Secondly, find at least one other person who will also subscribe.
- Promote the magazine to your facebook friends, at your church, to your email contacts. Encourage them to check us out with links to articles, blogs and news at prayerconnect.net.
- Like us on facebook . . . and encourage your friends to do so as well. Click here to go to facebook.com/prayerconnect.
- Pray for us. Pray that’s God’s vision and purposes for the magazine will be released.
- Donate to help the financial stability and the expanded promotion of the magazine. We would love to raise another $25,000 to help spread the word about Prayer Connect. No donation is too small. All donations are tax deductible. Click here to donate. At the donation page, select Prayer Connect magazine from among the donation choices.
That’s what I am reflecting and praying about regarding my God-given purpose and dream. What are you reflecting on at this time of year? What dream or vision are you earnestly praying for the release of? Keep praying, because . . . “in its time I will do this swiftly.”
–Jonathan Graf is the publisher of Prayer Connect.