More than 30,000 young people gathered for the Onething 2013 conference, December 28–31, at the Kansas City, MO, Convention Center. Hosted by the International House of Prayer (IHOP), the focus was on prayer, worship, and connecting their passion for Jesus with His mission in the world. The emphasis on 24/7 prayer and equipping of young adults through IHOP has impacted the prayer movement in the U.S. and internationally.
The IHOP leadership also invited several hundred “older” leaders in the prayer and mission movements to participate in a summit that focused on mobilizing a global prayer and worship movement. The group suggested the following goals by 2020–2025:
- 100 million intercessors for the completion of the Great Commission
- 24/7 prayer and worship in 4,000 zones of the earth
- 24/7 prayer and worship in all 50 U.S. states
- 50 million young adults involved in 2,500 U.S. campuses and 5,000 campuses worldwide
- prayer mobilized for Bible translation in all remaining languages (less than 2,000 now without it)
- prayer mobilized for one billion new people to come to Christ and be disciple
- resource 4/14 Window movement and Back to Jerusalem movement with 24/7 prayer.
The International House of Prayer in Kansas City hopes to convene annual gatherings of prayer and mission leaders to continue the process of prayerful deliberation so that more tributaries of the prayer and mission movements can flow together more closely.
Taken from International Prayer Connections