Pray Scriptures Over Our Nation
A Daily Prayer Pattern for Strategic Areas of Our Nation
How can we pray effectively for the United States every day? Rather than simply praying, “God bless America” and hoping for the best, we can begin to pray God’s purposes and plans more strategically over the key influencers in our country.
Many Christians are using the idea of seven centers of power as a guideline for their prayers. Here are some simple prayer points you can use to pray over these vital areas in our nation. Look up the Scriptures and use them to expand your prayers.
Daily Prayer Points for the Seven Centers of Power and Influence in the United States:
l. Government: righteousness, laws based on God’s moral law, justice. “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people” (Prov. 14:34). See also: Ps. 34:15; Ps. 89:14.
2. Media: love for truth, fairness, godly standards. “Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32). See also: Ps. 51:6; Zech. 8:16.
3. Business: integrity, wisdom, generosity. “Do not use dishonest standards when measuring length, weight or quantity” (Lev. 19:35). See also: Prov. 3:9-10.
4. Education: biblical standards, love for children, gifted teachers. “When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law” (Matt. 7:28-29). See also: Deut. 4:9; Prov. 10:14.
5. Arts and Entertainment: creativity, godliness, sensitivity to the Spirit. “See, the Lord has chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts” (Ex.35:30). See also: Is. 51:11, Eccl. 3:4.
6. Family: commitment to relationships, holiness, bringing up children in God’s ways. “He [an overseer] must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect” (1 Tim. 3:4). See also: Deut. 11:19; Eph. 5:22-33.
7. Church: revival, holiness, love for truth, passion for Jesus, evangelistic fervor, compassionate ministry. “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord” (Acts 3:19). See also: Joel 2:12-14; Ps. 85:4-7.
—Dave and Kim Butts from Prayer Connect, Issue 1 “Can Prayer Save America.” You may freely share or copy this prayer guide.